Monday, October 18, 2010

Ap Bio Lab Book Lab 6

Winter is approaching

Last week we had great luck with the weather here, because we had wonderful visit. Every day in the morning only a bit of fog but quickly withdrew down the valley as we were able to explore, often with bright sunshine, the Bavarian Forest.

Last week we had beautiful autumn weather here, Which was extremly kind because we had guests. It is so much more nice to have long walks at the Bavarian Forest when the sun is shining brightly.


The beauty of visiting from northern Germany for us is often that we will make efforts always to want to show guests the beauty of nature here and explore new trails and even some cookies or back. The first two photos here are from the upper Breitenau in which I was a child so many times in the memory of almost every weekend. When we lived in the town on Sundays usually have packed the picnic basket and headed out into the mountains. Sometimes the mushroom-picking or blueberry picking, but often just to wander. We sang beautifully old-fashioned songs that I still can catch made in the soft moss, and rested a bit and usually I'm on the way back in the car slept deeply. It was exhausting too good as a little girl but the family so have together, somehow cozy for me.
Only once I have the walk then made many many years ago with my husband, very strange why then we were never there again. For me it was definitely a very special tour, with leaves rustling and familiar ways, and I very much hope that we will now go back often these old familiar ways.

A great side-effect when having guests from North Germany is, that we always try and remember to find lovely places and routes to show the beauty of the countryside here. So sometimes we also discover new lovely spots and sometimes we remember old ones which we hadn´t visited for a long time. As our walk on the Oberbreitenau on the pictures above, this is a walk where I have been so very often as a child with my parents. When we lived at town then, at the weekends we used to fill our picknick basket and climbed the hills. It was often very exhausting for me as a child, and so it is sometimes also now, but I always enjoyed those weekends with my family, we sang at our walks oldfashioned songs which I still know word by word, then had a break on the soft moss, relaxed a bit and when we finally drove back to town I was often already asleep in our car. But I completely loved this sunday Adventours, it was so very 'family' and cozy.
So Strange enough that I completely forgotten this well-known walk, my husband and I did it only once many many years ago and then never again. But last week it was so filled with sweet memories that I promised myself to come back now as often as possible.


the weekend it became quite uncomfortable weather is here, the fog is a persistent, it has become very cold and this week they have even reported snow.

At the weekend the weather here changed, it's cold and misty the whole day through, they even reported that the first snow will be expected for wednesday.


So I got this morning from the garden to be quickly fetched a few flowers, it's not much more, but the last roses still blooming, the hydrangeas have received this beautiful washed-out colors and the asters are fortunately not yet withered.
so quickly this morning I gathered the last maybe flowers for our home, there are just last a few left, like the very roses, faded colored hydrangeas Which I love even more now than in their brightly colored dresses in summer, some asters still in full bloom.



Winter is apparently in sight, perhaps I picture it to me so just one, but somehow the air smells after a snow and ice. Although I'm out there to do some things, but the end is in sight and then I can make myself comfortable there for many weeks in the house. In spring and summer, I'm so happy out in the garden, from early morning until late in the favorite, but as soon as the autumn is here looking forward and see myself back again into the warm house, where a cozy kitchen bench waiting for me, my knitting, my books , my wood polish, all the things in the previous seasons have been neglected a little. Another
the end it so slow even with my Rippledecke, I am now actually bei der letzten Reihe und bald, ganz bald hoffe ich, hab ich auch den letzten Faden vernäht und kann sie aus den Händen legen. Und mir schon mal überlegen was ich dann machen möchte.
It seems that the winter is really near now, maybe it´s just my imagination but the air is smelling different, it smells of snow and ice. There are still some small jobs to do outside, like bringing in the last pot plants or collecting the fallen apples, but the final end is in sight and I am already longing for it, now I so much fancy cosy and relaxed weeks spent inside. As much as I do love to be outside, to work in the garden, to sit on my garden bench, as much in autumn I am looking forward the months inside my warm and sheltered home, my knitting needles, my books, even my wood polish, all the thing which were neglected during the warm and sunny seasons.
It seems that there is therefore an End in sight with my ripple blanket, I am finally at my last row. Soon, hopefully very soon, I could put it aside and start to decide what to make next.



0 comments:

Post a Comment